Buy it Locally
As WEB launches the Wheathampstead Buy It Locally campaign there are two things you’ll want to know: 1) Why is it important to me and 2) How can I buy locally more often. Here are some answers to those questions.
Why Buy Locally
- Get a better service. Local independent businesses care much more about their reputation, as a result you get a better service from someone who lives near you.
- Boost the local economy. For every £1 spent with a small independent business 63 pence is reinvested locally, by buying locally you are making your village more prosperous.
- Create local jobs. A more prosperous business community creates more local employment. By spending more locally you could be creating jobs for people you know.
- Have more choice. The more you spend locally, the more businesses you support and the more businesses will be attracted to the village. The end result is you get a wider choice.
- Live in a nicer community. A thriving village centre means you avoid having to live in yet another sterile dormitory town.
How to find local businesses
You’ll be amazed at just how many independent businesses there are in your village and how varied they are. Have a quick look in your free edition of WOW (Window on Wheathampstead) or in the online directory on this website.