Anyone living in Wheathampstead or having their business located here can become a member of WEB. If you and your business are located outside of the parish then you can still become a member, although we try to ensure this doesn’t cause a conflict of interests with other local businesses. If in doubt, just contact the membership secretary by email using email@example.com.
The Benefits of WEB
If you are unsure about whether to join the Wheathampstead Business Group just consider the following…
Membership of WEB entitles you to the following exclusive benefits:
- The opportunity to advertise your business in The Pump, the local parish magazine distributed to all residents of Wheathampstead
- An enhanced listing on the W.E.B. website business directory
- An enhanced listing in WOW – Window on Wheathampstead, a printed publication distributed to all Wheathampstead households
- The opportunity to have your business promoted via our Social Media channels
- Discounted rates at WEB-sponsored events (e.g. B2B fairs, etc)
- Access to discounted business seminars/workshops to support you, for example, in engaging with the online community via social media
All this for just £25pa!
How to Join:
The first step is to ensure you and your business are registered via the website at: wheathampstead.org.uk/register/
As part of the registration you can indicate you’re interested in Membership and then we will be in touch. If you’re resident in the village then membership is assured and you can proceed to step 2, which is to make a payment of £25 (see below). If you’re located outside of the parish you will need to liaise with the membership secretary before making a payment.
Payments can be made in several ways:
1. Online banking (the preferred option). Please make a Bank Transfer or set up a Standing Order into WEB’s account. The account details are as follows:
Account name: W.E.B.
Sort Code: 40-23-11
Reference: it is important that you use your Surname or Business name so we know who has made the payment.
Once payment has been made please send the treasurer and membership secretary an email to confirm the payment. Their email addresses are firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
2. Cheque: Please make a cheque out to W.E.B. and give to the treasurer (currently Carol Tizard) at one of the WEB meetings.
3. Cash: The Treasurer can take your membership payment in cash but please check for a confirmation email within 48 hours. They’re only human and mistakes can be made.
Get in touch
If you’d prefer to have a chat with us first please contact the Membership Secretary by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.